Tuesday 4 June 2013

Week 8

Highs

I finished my first essay in 20 years.  After thinking and thinking and thinking about it for a while, I threw caution to the wind and just sent it in.  Hopefully, the instructor's remarks will guide me for the future essays.

I had a wonderful lunch with a friend I haven't seen in 2 years.  She is very pregnant with her first child at 41 years old.  She looks amazing!

Also had a fun dinner out with a friend.

Went swimming for the first time in nearly 2 years.  It felt really good!

Finally went to the physiotherapy after suffering from heel, ankle and calf pain for nearly 2.5 years.  I'd been avoiding going because of how much time it takes up between travel and appointment time and hoping that I could cure it on my own.  Now that I'm on sabbatical, I have time.  I have to go twice a week for 4 weeks.


I put up a squirrel proof bird feeder and within 5 days, the birds had eaten all of the seed.  I large field mouse showed up as well and ate a lot of the seed that was dropped by the birds.

Dancing at Starlight to the Young Executives with Paul.

Last line dancing class of this series.  Was invited to a hoe down


This week's art focused on two stencils that I purchase some time back.  I had a lot of fun using the stencils as texture on a variety of paintings.  Here are a few.


Arum Italicum

Inspired by a wall in Turkey

Tre Chic

Under the Sea

Rocking It

Also created a piece of art in Rojia's style, the abstract artist whose demo I attended a couple of weeks back.

Blue Moon Sunset
And attempted some print making by rolling or painting acrylic paint on a plastic duo tang, then laying a page over top and burnishing the back so the paint transfers to the page.

Penguin Fun

Curious




Lows

Paul's had to start another court proceeding.

Misses

Life Drawing - I was too self critical to enjoy drawing this week.

Near Misses

None

No comments:

Post a Comment