Sunday 16 June 2013

Week 10


Highs

This was an intentionally quiet week.

Swimming - once, physio is taking a lot of much time!

Physio - Still working on strengthening my ankle, knee and hip joints to alleviate the pain in my foot and calf.

Life Drawing - Haven't been in 2 weeks.  Went surprisingly well given I hadn't practiced figure drawing in over 2 weeks.

Lunch with my Mum and Dad to celebrate her birthday and father's day.

Had a terrific night of dancing with Paul Friday night to the band "Tainted Lovers".  We had so much fun.

Art History Class - Got my first assignment back.  Made some stupid technical mistakes on my essay.  Have really forgotten the rules of essay writing!  The Prof said the content was good and well researched though.  

Some of this week's art.  


Inspired by Sumerian Art
The first 3 are inspired by my Art History class.   




Inspired by Minoan Art


Inspired by Egyptian Art



The semi-abstract flower is inspired by a technique I observed when watching Nita Leland's DVD on creativity.  She takes an old slide frame and looks at a scaled down part of an image in a magazine.  Then enlarges it as a sketch and uses it for art inspiration.  Believe it or not but these flowers were inspired by the wet tendrils of some fashion model's hair.
The next 2 are random faces from my imagination.  And the last was painted in ink and water colour inspired by an image of a cupcake that was portrayed in a similar way on one of my birthday cards.  







Lows - Feeling down

Misses - No dance classes this week.

Near Misses - none

No comments:

Post a Comment