Sunday 23 June 2013

Week 11

I am deviating from my normal posting categories.  We had some great news this week when we heard that my father's kidney cancer is not worsening and the frequency of the CT Scans will be reduced to every 6 months from 5.  So my parents were getting busy sorting out their travel insurance for their upcoming Europe trip in September and then I got urgent some calls and an email.  

My father, Joe had a stroke yesterday at about 4:00 pm.  He was in emergency at VGH until 10:00 pm.  He was settled into a room in NICU at about 11:00 pm.  When I left the hospital at 11:00 pm my father was stable.  He could move both legs and one arm.  He understood everything we said but had difficulty responding in words.

Life is full of twists and turns.  Live each moment fully.

No comments:

Post a Comment