Monday 20 May 2013

Week 6

Highs

Lunch with a friend.  Great conversation and food!

Coffee with a friend.  Lively conversation, full of updates!

Continued trip planing by booking 3 flights, 3 sets of hotels, french language school and a home-stay and exploring webpages on walking & cycling tours, museums and Giverny (Monet's Garden).  I've going to Paris for a couple of days, then Montpellier to learn french for 3 weeks and then to Slovenia to be there with my Mum and Dad for their 50th wedding anniversary.  I have never been to my father's home country with him and am so looking forward to seeing things  through his eyes and learning about his life there prior to Canada.

Painting - this week continued to be all about flowers.


Fritallarias - I'm not very happy with this one!

For the next 2 sets of paintings, I painted similar objects with different coloured backgrounds.  I was curious how the background colour would affect the painting.  I enjoyed painting both sets.


Tulips in the style of Tim Fisher
Tulips in the style of Tim Fisher






Allium in My Garden
Allium in My Garden
Bellyfit - there was just 2 of us again and it sounds like I might be the only participant next week.

Receiving course material for Art History 1 at Thompson River University Open Learning (TRUOL).  I haven't taken a university course sine 1992.  Yikes!  I was thankful that they sent an Essay and Bibliography manual along with the text and 7 other manuals for navigating the course.  Now, I'll finally learn something about the ancient art I've seen on many of the vacations I've taken over the years.

Started and finished reading a book called "The Introvert Advantage".  I took the long test and found out that I am much more introverted than I thought.  I found out that introversion is not such a negative thing in spite of what our culture tells us and the clinical definition is quite different from the negative dictionary definition.  Parts of the book are insightful but others are nothing new.

Watched a live webinar on making a living as an artist, not because I have any aspiration to do that but due to my curiosity.  Mostly he marketed his gallery and new book.


Walking at False Creek - It's all about bees, art and gelato (hazelnut, yum)!

California Lilac and Bee

Attended a mixed media abstract art demo at Opus on Granville Island led by Rojia Dadashzadeh.  She was an extremely enjoyable demonstrator.  So incredibly enthusiastic and full of ideas.  You can see some of her art at the following web link.  http://www.rojia.com/












Dancing at Starlight with Paul to the music of YVR.  Some great guitar playing!










Paul taught me how to make broccoli in the typical Asian restaurant way that is usually made with beef.  (I can never remember how to spell broccoli!!!)

Lows

None

Surprises

Do you know it is cheaper to fly from Paris to Montpellier then it is to take the train and it takes less time?  

Weeding, mowing and general yard work are much more enjoyable when you have more time on your hands!

Misses

Watercolour class so I could be home for a courier delivery.

Near Misses

My lunch which I nearly burnt while writing much of this post.

Thanks for dropping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment